Your Questions Answered
Does the pre-school have a uniform?
Yes, a sweatshirt and polo shirt are available, but they are not compulsory. If you would like to order one of these, you can do so on myclothing.com or purchase some directly from the Pre-school.
What is Ofsted?
What is the EYFS?
How do I find out if I am eligible for funding?
- Is my child eligible?
- Where can my child access free early education?
- Do I have to pay anything towards the free entitlement?
- I don’t live in Wiltshire, can I still access free entitlement at a Wiltshire early years provider?
- What do I have to do to access my child’s free entitlement?
- How many early years providers can my child access their free entitlement with?
- I have a complaint about how my early years provider is offering the free entitlement, what can I do?
How is my child assessed?
Your child’s progress will be reviewed when they’re between 2 and 3 by an early years practitioner or health visitor. Their class teacher will assess them at the end of the school year when they turn 5.
How and what do the children learn?
Your child will mostly be taught through games and play. The areas of learning are:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design